• Welcome to the Farm

    The Berggren Demonstration Farm is a working 30-acre farm located along the lower McKenzie River, the sole source of drinking water for the more than 200,000 residents of Eugene, Oregon. We recognize an important connection between healthy farms and clean water in the McKenzie River Valley, and emphasize farming practices that work with nature: striving to conserve and enhance our soil, water, plant and animal resources. Our produce is grown using organic practices and our livestock are humanely raised with access to sun, fresh air and pasture, without hormones or antibiotics. The farm is managed by Cascade Pacific Resource Conservation and Development, in partnership with the McKenzie River Trust and Eugene Water & Electric Board.

Sign up for Your 2015 CSA Share Today!

2015 CSA Offerings Our 30 acre farm is located on land owned by the McKenzie River Trust: the Berggren Watershed Conservation Area. Our goals are to raise happy, healthy animals and delicious vegetables, protect and enhance native habitats, and educate the next generation of farmers. CSA members are invited and encouraged to visit the farm … Continue reading


Sam’s Quinoa Report from 2014

Quinoa Farming Report 2014 Season Sam Madge, Berggren Demo Farm   Land:             The planting site for the BDF Quinoa experiment was a 1/5 acre portion of a clover field on a flat  clayish loam soil type.  The farm is approximately halfway between Springfield and Walterville on Camp Creek Rd, at the downstream end of … Continue reading

Ducks (2)

Poultry & Rabbit Grower’s Cooperative Development

Poultry & Rabbit Grower’s Cooperative Development    In 2014-2015, the Berggren Demonstration Farm will be leading efforts to develop a poultry and rabbit grower’s cooperative in the southern Willamette Valley. The Demonstration Farm is a project of Cascade Pacific RC&D, and also serves as an outreach and education branch of the Eugene Water & Electric … Continue reading


Poultry and Rabbit Growers Cooperative Meeting January 8

Join us for another poultry and rabbit growers cooperative meeting on Thursday, January 8th from 5:30-7:30 at Sprout! (418 A st) in downtown Springfield.  We’ll be continuing the conversation about what  a growers cooperative might look like for our area.

farm in spring with morels 014

Become a Farmer, Join Rogue Farm Corps

New Farmers Needed. Be one in a million— Join Rogue Farm Corps in 2015! We’ve had the fortune of having Shelby with us since last April when she began her internship at Berggren Farm as part of the Rogue Farm Corps program.  We are excited to announce that applications are now open for the 2015 … Continue reading


Winter is Coming

The rains have started!  We’ve been getting ready for the wet weather, moving animals, transplanting in the greenhouse, finishing up our extended CSA, and making sure our Turkeys are ready for Thanksgiving.  We’ve also added a few new faces to the farm–5 sheep from our neighbors and 3 new interns from the University of Oregon! … Continue reading

Ducks (2)

The Beginnings of Fall

The seasons are changing.  The clover hay has been cut and baled. We’ve stopped trying to pawn off our zucchini on unsuspecting victims.  The sea of pink quinoa has been harvested and cleaned.  We’ve said goodbye to our summer UO intern Rob and said hello to our new farm caretaker Nicky.  As fall comes knocking … Continue reading


A Slow Dinner

On a warm summer evening in September, folks gathered at the farm to celebrate the changing seasons, share a delicious meal sourced from local farms, and learn a bit about the farm where their food came from.  The dinner was a benefit for Slow Food Eugene, Willamette Farm and Food Coalition, and the Berggren Demonstration … Continue reading

Slow Food Dinner at the Farm September 4th

Join us on Thursday, September 4th from 4-7:30pm at Berggren Demonstration farm for a delicious Slow Food meal.  Willamette Farm and Food Coalition is partnering with Slow Food Eugene to host this dinner and farm tour. What: WFFC/Slow Food dinner at Berggren When: Thursday, September 4th, 4-7:30pm Where: Berggren Demonstration Farm, 36986 Camp Creek Rd, Springfield … Continue reading


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.